This policy sets out how Zimbabwe Partnership Trust (ZPT) collects and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (May 2018).
“Personal data” refers to any information that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
As Data Controller, ZPT can be contacted through Roger Prime (Secretary), 3 Guildhall Road, Worlingham, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 7SE. Telephone 01502 714793 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZPT holds personal data (ie names, addresses and contact details) for the following purposes:
- To maintain a list of people who have asked to receive information about the work of ZPT or otherwise expressed interest in ZPT
- To maintain a list of people who have provided financial support for the work of ZPT
No data is shared with any third parties.
The data is held on a secure database.
Our legal basis for processing personal data is that of “consent”. In order to manage consent in a responsible and visible manner:
- All people on whom personal data is held are asked to give a clear and specific indication of consent
- Evidence of consent is kept – setting-out when, how and what we told people
- It is easy for people to withdraw their consent at any time, by contacting the Data Controller. We act on withdrawals of consent in a timely manner and ensure that all personal data held on that person is permanently deleted from all files
- We will remind all people on whom personal data is held how they can withdraw their consent each time we send correspondence to them
All people on whom personal data is held have the following rights:
- The right to access any information held on them. This is implemented by submitting a Subject Access Report (SAR). Any person wishing to submit a SAR should contact the Data Controller. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of the request
- The right to rectify inaccuracies of data
- The right to request erasure of data
- The right to object to processing of data
To pursue any of these rights to person should contact the Data Controller
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
The ICO can be contacted at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
This policy is accessible on ZPT’s website: www.zpt.org.uk
The policy was approved at the ZPT trustees’ meeting on Saturday, 24th March, 2018 and amended following the Trustees meeting on 18th April 2020, unanimously approved by the trustees by email in May 2020.